National Flood Services DBA Taurus Flood is the #1 flood solutions provider in the US and is looking for an experienced Flood Claims General Adjuster to join us as we build out our firm to meet the future needs of the flood industry. As a Flood Claims General Adjuster, your role is responsible for representing the company in interactions with FEMA, policyholders, vendors, adjusting firms, and the National Flood Insurance Program with the goal of assisting in all aspects of the claims process. Travel is required.
Current FEMA-issued Flood Certification Number (FCN card) (Residential, Manufactured Housing, Small, Large Commercial and RCBAP adjustment authorization required; Knowledge of flood claims adjusting software; bachelor’s degree; and minimum 5 years’ experience in providing general adjusting and estimating for residential and commercial flood claims. Salary is negotiable based on experience. Total compensation includes a comprehensive benefits package.
To Apply: email Cover Letter, Resume, and three professional Letters of Reference to email@example.com. Screening begins immediately.
Position Title: Claims General Adjuster
Position Classification: Salaried/Exempt
Position Summary: This position will be responsible for building out our firm to meet the future needs of the flood industry and representing the company in interactions with FEMA, policyholders, vendors, adjusting firms, and the National Flood Insurance Program to assist in all aspects of the claims process.
Job Responsibilities/Essential Duties:
- Effectively communicate with FEMA, clients, vendors, and policyholders.
- Explain coverage of loss and applicable policy provisions to policyholders, public adjusters, and agents.
- Consistent claim follow-up with adjusting firms and policyholders to set expectations on the claims process.
- Investigate, evaluate, and settle claims within your designated authority level.
- Work with FEMA and other stakeholders on technical claims issues and large loss claims of more than $500,000.
- Work jointly with FEMA and our outside adjusting partners to resolve complex claims issues.
Required Skills & Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- Current FEMA-issued Flood Certification Number (FCN card) (Residential, Manufactured Housing, Small, Large Commercial, and RCBAP adjustment authorization required.
- Minimum of 5 years providing general adjusting and estimating for residential and commercial flood claims.
- Knowledge of flood claims adjusting software.
- Excellent active listening skills and the ability to provide effective customer service.
- Strong analytical, investigative, and problem-resolution skills.
- Work independently with moderate supervision as well as within a team environment.
- Willingness to learn and apply claim-handling practices and procedures.
- Organizational skills to ensure tasks are prioritized and completed within set deadlines.
- Availability to work remotely as needed.
- Availability to work extended hours, travel with short notice, and for extended timeframes during catastrophic flood events.
- Desire and commitment to grow your career.
- Ability to deliver results in a fast-paced environment.
- Commitment to continuous improvement.
- Work well under minimal supervision but also recognize the importance of working within a team environment.
- Leadership, communication, collaboration, and decision-making abilities.
- Willingness to take advantage of growth opportunities.
- Working knowledge of property claims handling procedures and operations is preferred.
- Demonstrated understanding of building construction principles preferred.
- Proven ability to provide exceptional customer service.
- Ability to make decisions under pressure.
- Travel required as needed.
- Capable of using a keyboard effectively.
- Frequently required to sit for long periods, stand, walk, and occasionally lift up to 25 pounds.
- Expected to work in the office when permitted.
The above-noted job description is not intended to describe, in detail, every task that may be assigned but rather to give the employee a general sense of the responsibilities and expectations of their position. It in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee in this position. Employee(s) will be required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform any other job-related duties required by any person authorized to give instructions or assignments. As the nature of the business demands change, so too, may the essential functions of this position.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.