Activating our preparedness plans
for the Coronavirus pandemic
The health and safety of the flood community is our number 1 priority.
This is an unprecedented flood season: the risk of flooding has increased as extreme weather becomes the norm, and the global fight against the Coronavirus pandemic has placed further strains on agents, insureds and their communities.
At NFS, we have taken extensive and proactive measures to support our clients, their agents and their insureds and continue to deliver the highest levels of service, no matter what the upcoming months have in store.
We implemented our Business Continuity Plans several weeks ago and are well positioned to ensure continuity of service standards through this period.
Specifically, we started implementing our plans in February and to date we have:
- Reviewed and are now executing business continuity and disaster recovery plans
- Identified key third-party systems and dependencies, and verified that each organization has appropriate business continuity and disaster recovery programs in place
- Established ongoing testing of our emergency notification systems
- Actively tested our Work From Home processes
- Tested and verified process for system redundancies and back-up protocol
- Restricted corporate travel to essential activities and implemented additional levels of approval
In February, we started implementing remote working procedures. Given we typically have a 25% remote workforce, we were able to quickly scale remote working without any impact to operations. Today over 95% of our colleagues are working remotely.
In addition to the above, as part of our standard procedures, we also regularly test automated monitoring of our systems, fail-over procedures and escalation policies.
Finally, NFS is following the guidance of the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and the World Health Organization (WHO), as well as, local and state level guidance. We will continue to proactively make decision in the interests of all parties as needed.
We take our role in your business very seriously. We have engaged the necessary resources to address or prevent issues, and are committed to maintaining the highest service quality.