Hurricane Awareness Week:
Develop an Evacuation Plan
97% of hurricanes hit between 1 June and 30 November. Now is the time to act and get prepared. Check out the comprehensive advice at https://www.ready.gov/hurricanes
- Make an emergency evacuation plan for your whole family. And not just at home – any locations you frequently visit such as offices or schools
- Practice your route. Know where you have to go – hurricanes are unpredictable and you may have to evacuate fast. Make sure your family knows the route.
- Be smart with tech – make sure your phone is charged in the event of a storm and make sure your chargers are easily accessible
- If you get told to evacuate in a storm, be ready to do so immediately
- Take extra care this year following the guidance of the CDC for Covid-19. Make sure you have face masks accessible and prepare cleaning and disinfectants such as hand sanitizer and wipes